Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lived thru a school concert!

I don't know about you all out there in cyberspace, but I dread the school concert. I don't generally mind the plays, but for many years, the concert was abominable. The little darlings just sounded like mating cats. Thankfully, either Johnny Can't-carry-a-tune-in-a-bucket and Susie Tinear have accepted their lack of musical prowess, and stopped going to band, instead choosing to develop other gifts. Or not. They could be getting high. Ugh. That idea makes me wish they were still al screeching away.

Well, for those still suffering through screeches and clangs, I have to tell you things get better. I don't feel the urge to stuff my fingers in my ears or need to stifle giggles. The kids sounded, well ... Pretty good!

The orchestra did make a rock standard sound like elevator music, but the choir -- where my little songbird shines-- is stunning!

I guess all those years of endurance DO pay off...For everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment